The House of Holma is the branch tasked with healing. Despite what would be expected, Holma is one of the most highly criticized Houses. Naturally, their abilities are in high demand which has often made them the targets of extortion, kidnapping and bribery. Due to those realities they are secretive and mostly nomadic. Their own temples are unmarked, located in difficult to reach areas or out of sight in dark alleys. These serve as reprieves and safe houses for them. Everywhere they go they are in high demand if their GIFT is discovered. Instead, they work with the other Houses and travel to where they are needed for a few days before moving onto the next.
GM Note: Holma is intended to be a difficult House to play. If the PC’s identity is discovered they will be pursued. Sometimes the need is legitimate and sometimes it is born out of greed. The player should feel cautious any time they reveal their GIFT
Granted Power: Once per game session the character can use any talent they have without fuel or tokens.
- Cure Light Wounds: Cures 1d8 damage +1/level (max +5).
- Neutralize Poison: Immunizes subject against poison, detoxifies venom in or on subject.
- Cure Moderate Wounds: Cures 2d8 damage +1/level (max +10).
- Remove Blindness/Deafness: Cures normal or magical conditions.
- Cure Serious Wounds: Cures 3d8 damage +1/level (max +15).
- Remove Disease: Cures all diseases affecting subject.
- Cure Light Wounds, Mass: Cures 1d8 damage +1/level (max +25) for many creatures.
- Heal: Cures 10 points/level of damage, all diseases and mental conditions.
- Regenerate: Subject’s severed limbs grow back, cures 4d8 damage +1/level (max +35).